Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The Simple Woman's Day Book

288/365 - Prayer Journal

Outside my window...
Is very warm. The temperature was nearly 70 degrees today. We even let our fire burn out. When Mark got home it was rapidly cooling off so he started a new fire for us. The kids played outside a lot today. It was kind of windy so Shiloh didn’t stay out long.


I am thinking...
How good my bed is going to feel in just a little while. Ahh sleep is coming~~


I am thankful for...
A super sweet Valentine's Day. We had a nice candle light meal as a family. The food was yummy, the kids were beyond badorable (not a typo…a Shiloh term for “adorable”)


From the learning rooms...
Today we finished “The Stolen White Elephant” by Mark Twain. I was caught off guard at the violent nature towards the end of the story. I had to skip and translate a few of the sections. We really enjoyed the beginning of the story and laughed thru most of it. The end was a bit of a shocker though. Oh well, I guess Mark Twain isn’t for kids. We’ll consider American Literature covered for this year and move on to the next section in our Truth Quest guide.


From the kitchen...
Took a break from my endless search for the perfect Oatmeal Cream Filled cookie and let my 8 year old make some brownies from scratch. The recipe was in our Apologia Who Is God? book. He learned that, just as sitting and watching the ingredients create brownies on their own didn’t work (yes we really did sit and watch the ingredients for a few seconds) neither did ANY of creation just ‘become created on its own.’ It had to involve The Creator! We already knew this, but we wanted some brownies so it was a good review, hee hee.


I am wearing...
My cozy Victoria Secret jammies that my little sister gave me. Her boyfriends mama gave them to her and I guess they were not her style so she passed them to me. Lucky me Smile I love them!!


I am creating...
An on going list of curriculum choices to consider next year. I add or delete something nearly every day. Today I came close to taking off all other math options and just sticking to Math U See. I think that’s what I’m going to do in the end, simply because I trust them to carry us through high school. My oldest son has enjoyed the online math we reviewed this year, but he just can’t have everything his way…this ain’t Burger King!


I am going...
To the homeschool group that my husband teaches each Wednesday. We don’t usually attend that homeschool group (we’re members of a different group) but our schedule has been altered this week so we’ll have the opportunity to be there. I’m looking forward to it.


I am reading...
My Side of the Mountain to the kids. I just started Sense and Sensibility for me and plan to smart soon, Jump off the Hormone Swing by Lorraine Pintus. I feel like I need some Biblical guidance on my diet and feminine health in general.

 I am hoping...
Shiloh’s mouth heals nicely. I pray she will be able to eat more variety tomorrow and that her teeth will straighten up so none need to be pulled. 

I am hearing...
Nothing and thankful for it! I love the still of the night when all is sleeping—except me! I stay up late for it and get up early for it! I love me some peace and quiet!! Smile

 Around the house...
So much needs to be done. Each and every room is in need of a top to bottom cleaning. We clean every week but it feels like we’ve just been ‘cleaning at it’ as my brother used to say. In other words, we just haven’t done a good job lately.

 
One of my favorite things...
Is my morning quiet time. I’ve been doing the True Woman Makeover challenge from Revive our Hearts and I’ve really enjoyed it. I’m almost done so I need to decide what I’ll be doing next. I really want an in-depth Bible study on either a person or book of the Bible.


A few plans for the rest of the week…
Getting a little more settled on some of the products we’re viewing. We’ve got a couple that we’ll have due in the next two weeks and one of them I’m still not really ‘getting.’
I also want to plan on getting Josiah half way through the last lesson in his level 3 Barton book. I’m so ready to be in level 4, but I fear he’s not going to be ready. The contractions are really seeming hard for him to spell. I’m not sure he’ll pass the final test without some extra practice. We’ll do what we have to do to get him where he needs to be!


Here is picture for thought I am sharing…

OUR VALENTINE’S DAY DINNER

100_2386 100_2385

Check out more Day Book posts at The Simple Woman’s Day Book.

2 comments:

Jen U. said...

Enjoyed reading your post, Marie. This reminds me of my Simple diary posts that I do on Mondays. I love these type of blog posts. ;-)

Jesmicwilmom said...

We had fun watching the brownies NOT create themselves, too.
(visiting from the TOS Crew)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...