Sunday, February 20, 2011

Queen ME!!!

WORDS-QUEEN

This week Mark and I celebrated our 15 year anniversary. I gave him (and me) tickets to a marriage conference this weekend to add reinforcement for the next 15 years Winking smile.  As with most of those conferences you always feel like the Lord speaks to you through some/all of the speakers. That was the case for me yesterday. But at the same time I know that my emotions were a bit loopy yesterday. I just prayed throughout the conference that the Lord would give me control over my emotions and that He would speak to me through His Spirit.

One of the speakers challenged the men to go home, line up all the little kiddies, and let them know that their wife was the Queen. *SMILES* My husband took the challenge and I will say that two of our kids were okay with it but there were two that struggled to let go of the reins.

We have really gotten a lot of laughs out of it. They have two basic rules. 1) No talking while the Queen (that would be *Me*) is speaking. And 2) No going before the Queen, everyone has to walk behind me.  I think it was the first time in a decade that I was the first person in my family through the church door. Smile

Right now my King and little Princes are fixing me some strawberry ice cream with Hersey's chocolate syrup on top. *Big BIG Smiles*  (My 5 year old just brought it to me and said “there you go your Highness)  I’m loving it while it lasts because I know it’ll fade in a day or two.

9 comments:

i cant decide said...

Fun. Enjoy being the Queen!

I'm visiting on the crew blogwalk.

Mozer said...

Congrats on 15 yrs. of marriage! My dh & I will be hitting that milestone in August. Sounds like the conference was beneficial!

Visiting from teh crew blogwalk.

Beverly said...

It's great to be Queen! :)

Penny said...

Stopping by from TOS Crew. I really like your play on words in your title - Days/Daze. Most young parents have no idea how quickly this precious time will go.

As I browsed, a few things were quickly evident to me... Brilliant minds think alike; our children share the same names. =) My Jordan, named after the river, is a handsome adult; my Israel has Josiah as his second name; my Shiloh is a lovely 12 y.o. Good names.

I hope being Queen will last more than a couple of days. Since I'm following you, now, via GFC, maybe a future post will have a kingdom update.

While I'm here, I thought I'd tell you that I've nominated your blog for the Stylish Blogger Award. You can learn more about it and pick up your award here:
http://kneedeepingrace.com/2011/02/my-first-blog-award/

Blessings,
PK
http://kneedeepingrace.com

the Mcclanahan 7 said...

Congratulations on 15 years & for discovering that you are royalty. Hope you get to enjoy being Queen for more than a few days. I am stopping by on the Blog Walk & am now following you.

Unknown said...

That is awesome! :) Love it...forgot to ask (or maybe I interrupted before you could tell me) who was the speakers and were was the conference?

Knittycat said...

Queen for a day! What a wonderful memory :)

Corine Moore said...

That is oh so cool! :D Congrats on being treated as Queen... and on 15 yearso f marriage... and on getting to spend time with your man at a conference... and on being served and called "your highness..." and on (OK, I'll stop now. ;)

Merit Kirkpatrick said...

Congrats on your Anniversary and on being crowned Queen :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...