What’s new with my reviews? It’s a musical one this time- KinderBach!!! I found this quote on their site:
“Research clearly shows Piano is the best instrument with the most benefits to brain development.
KinderBach is a unique method of teaching very young children to actually
PLAY PIANO, read NOTES, learn INTERVALS, RHYTHM & music PATTERNS. “
Now that got me excited! But first things first, let’s get the facts out there then we’ll talk about how my family used it.
- KinderBach is an online music program designed to teach very young children to play the piano. Also available as a DVD set.
- The cost: Online membership is $19.99 per month or an annual fee of $95.88. You will have access to over 240 lessons during your membership. You also have the option of purchasing the program in DVD form. The single level DVD’s are $40.45 each (there are currently 6 levels, soon to be 7). You could also choose to purchase the entire package on DVD for $202.88. In addition to these choices there are many other options found here.
- KinderBach is designed for ages 3-7
- KinderBach offers a free trial located here.
- KinderBach is more than just video lessons. There are printouts, games, and activities with each level giving your child a multi-sensory learning experience.
- Level 7 is in the making…stay tuned to KinderBach for more information on that.
- KinderBach also offers downloadable Coloring Books ($2.95 each) and Song Books ($23.95, includes audio CD)
- Developed by Karri Gregor
- 30-Day Money Back Guarantee
Using the Program
It’s pretty simple to use KinderBach. You log into your account and click on the level you’re currently using. Each level has 10 weeks and each week has 4 lessons. Locate your week and lesson, and at this point you will be able to quickly see what you will need to do this lesson, including any printouts necessary. The lessons are fairly short, approximately 15 minutes, so the kids have no trouble staying focused.
Our Family’s Experience
Let me start by saying, you don’t have to know music yourself in order for your child to benefit from this program. In fact, I think they assume that you don’t and KinderBach teaches the child EVERYTHING.
I used KinderBach with my 8 yr old son, 5 yr old son, and 3 yr old daughter. My older son participated but I actually signed him on to be more of a facilitator than a student. The early lessons are a little young for his interest but he’s very good about going with the flow and he never complained.
The program started off teaching them to recognize high and low sounds, introducing them to fun characters that will aid in their learning experience, and how to identify some of the notes.
I need to stop right here and point out something I found VERY interesting. When we first began KinderBach I thought it was just a music/piano course but it is so much more than that. The writer of this program has integrated other preschool activities into learning music. For example, they will be taught left and right, some letter sounds, coloring (lots of coloring ), counting, cutting, matching, listening skills…the list goes on and on. I was very impressed with the extent of learning activities offered in Kinderbach
Do we have a new Beethoven in the house? Well, um, no. But we still have a few more weeks before our subscription ends so maybe soon? My kids did very well with this and actually done multiple lessons each time we used it. The lessons were very engaging and fun, yet straight to the point with the concepts being taught. Looking forward to them actually playing a song (it won’t be long!!)
If you would like to read more reviews, click here.
**Disclaimer: As a member of the TOS Homeschool Crew, I received this product free of charge, in exchange for my honest opinion/review. For more honest reviews from real homeschoolers, visit the TOS Crew website.