Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Tag! I’m it!!

Catherine at Our Village is a Little Different has tagged me in this fun meme. She has asked me to answer the following 8 questions. At the end of the post I will tag 8 more people with 8 new questions. Here goes:

  1. What is the last thing that made you laugh out loud?  Redneck fireworks video my sister posted on Facebook
  2. Do you have any pet peeves? I hate to be ignored! By anyone! It makes me feel unloved, inferior, and I get down right angry when my kids do it :-)
  3. Which is your favorite domestic duty? I have no favorite but I cook and clean because I love to eat and I hate a mess,lol!
  4. Is there anything you’d like to do when the children are all grown? I really haven’t given it alot of thought. I would like to be able to help them when they have kids and I would also like to be able to work with my husband in his ministry with Youth for Christ. I guess the Lord will give me a desire when I need it, but for now my only desire is to be a godly wife and mom.
  5. What can always cheer you? My husband. He can make me laugh like no one else and when he’s happy I’m happy :-)
  6. Are you a very organized person? I try to be because I like order and don’t function well in chaos. But I’m definitely not overly organized, I could always stand to improve.
  7. Do you have a special thought that helps you in our daily life? God is in control. Nothing takes Him by surprise and all of the tools I need to survive this journey of life are at my disposal thru Him.
  8. Are you a morning person, or a night owl?  I am an AWAKE person. Now that doesn’t mean I like to wake up. No, no, no quite the contrary. I hate waking up, that’s why I don’t do naps. I am an AWAKE person meaning I love living, and you can’t do that asleep in the bed. I like to stay up late and get up early!

 

Okay now I will tag the following people to answer the next 8 questions:

  1. A Better Life Than I Deserve
  2. Expand
  3. Adventures in Unsell Land!
  4. Reaping A Harvest...Raising My Three Sons
  5. Loving Learning at Home
  6. Discover Their Gifts
  7. Day by Day in our World
  8. Through the Calm and Through the Storm

Here are your eight questions (I’m going to answer these too, lol):

  1. How did you decide to Homeschool? It all started when my first baby was still in the womb and we met some great homeschoolers. After that it just seemed like God was gradually leading both of us in that direction until finally we had to make the choice and by then it had kind of been decided in our hearts already.
  2. What is something about you most people would be surprised to know? I think I’m good at sports, lol
  3. What is your favorite praise and worship song? Praise Him in the storm by Casting Crowns. Because it’s a reminder that God inhabits our praises and the best time to praise is when we’re at our lowest.
  4. If you had no children and homeschooling wasn’t necessary, what would your dream job be? I think I’d like to be speaker and Bible teacher for women. I’m not gifted in this area so I know it’s not from the Lord. Just a fleshly dream.
  5. What book(s) are you currently reading? I’m reading two. 1) Francine Rivers’ latest “Her Daughter’s Dream” and Mary Beth Chapman’s “I choose to See”
  6. How has Jesus changed you? I was on my way to being a teenage alcoholic when He stepped in and changed the desires of my heart. It was such a dramatic, quick, change that I haven’t gotten over it yet and it was 16 years ago!
  7. How would you like to be remembered by your children? As a mom who cared deeply and loved passionately about every aspect of their life. A mom who would understand and listen without condemning. Who would sacrifice anything to help them see The Way, The Truth, The Life JESUS!
  8. How will your children likely remember you? Ouch, this is gonna hurt. They will probably remember me as a mom who yelled too much, had way too little patience and even less time to spend listening to their problems. A mom who selfishly desired ‘me time’  a little too often, and complained about being ignored a few too many times. Okay seriously, I’m not always yelling and searching for ‘me time’ but to them it may seem that way. They’re going to remember something and now’s the time to make those memories good ones! Realistically I want them to have more good than bad memories. They’re going to have both but hopefully the good will out weight the bad by tons!!

8 comments:

Catherine said...

I'm glad you joined in. I'm glad I got to know you through your answers! Your eight questions are so thoughtful, and you answered them with so much honesty. Wow.

Michelle Smith said...

Thanks for the tag. Yes, I've already participated, but I will try to participate in yours as well. Different topics, different answers. Busy week, though, so it will likely be the weekend before I am able to respond. :)

Elizabeth said...

Hey Marie, Thanks for the birthday wishes : ) Will answer the questions after the weekend. Looking after an emergency foster home all this week without internet access. Got some kids out so sneaked into a coffee shop with wifi : )

Have an awesome day on Saturday.
Blessings,
Elizabeth

Jen U. said...

How fun! Thanks for the tag, Marie! I will work on getting mine up and posted in the next few days. ;-)

Elizabeth said...

OK, I've answered the questions... and tagged you again.. sorry, couldn't resist... http://elizabethherr.blogspot.com/2010/10/ive-been-tagged.html

Cristi said...

I was gone all weekend, but I'm working on my answers now. Maybe I'll even think of some questions before the end of the week. ;)

Thanks for tagging me!

Jen U. said...

Hey Marie- my post is up today with the answers to your questions. Thanks for tagging me. I had fun with it.

Laura O in AK said...

Marie,

I finally got my post up today. Thanks for the tag!

http://daybydayinourworld.blogspot.com/2010/10/tag-im-it-meme-part-2.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...